Monday, October 26, 2009

"My Child Is An Honor Student" bumper stickers

In searching for words to describe my hatred for "My Child Is An Honor Student" bumper stickers I realized that it really all stems back to a much more general hatred.

I hate 90% of bumper stickers or window decals in the world and the reason for my hatred can be summed up in four simple words... WHO GIVES A SHIT!?!?! When we get to be friends I will be interested in what club you are in, how your child is doing in school, which church you attend, and where your political affiliations lie. But guess what, we're not best buds, on the contrary our entire relationship consists of you being next to me on the interstate at this moment in our lives and all I care about is that you don't drive so close to me and that you stay the frick in your own lane. That's it... really... that's the extent of my concern for you. I do not care what sports team you spend your weekends cheering for, I don't care what your thoughts are on global warming/the 2nd amendment/drunk driving/your wife/etc, I don't care what you'd "rather be driving", and for the love of all that is good and holy the little kid peeing on something isn't witty anymore... it's been done so let it die.

But back to the point, My Kid's an Honor Student... really? Do the kids those refer to even like them? My favorite though are when they are from an elementary school... woohoo! Elementary school honor roll! What do you have to do to be on the honor roll in elementary school? Do you really feel the need to brag about the fact that your child is at the developmentally appropriate level for their age? Congratulations... your kid doesn't bite the other children... they can color inside the lines... gold star for your epic parenting. When I was in elementary school the kid with downs was on the honor roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment