Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Paying for Parking at a Hospital

First off is there anything more infuriating in this world then having to pay for parking? The idea that I have to give someone money so that I have the right to turn off my car and stand outside of it makes me want to go on a killing spree, but seriously people... at a hospital?!?!

Who decided this was a good business move? I have this mental image of all these old rich white guys in their over priced suits sitting in the hospital corporate office brainstorming about how to squeeze just a few more dollars out of those stupid sick people and their loved ones and someone came up with the idea of charging people for parking. "I saw a little girl come in here with her mother this morning to say goodbye to her dying father... what if we made her give us $4 for every two hours she spent in here with him? I bet they would be so preoccupied with things like 'how are we ever going to go on without him?' and 'how are we going to pay the rent?' that they would cough up those $4 without a fight at all!" "Here here! Jolly oh!" shout the rest of the old men as their raise their little glasses of of cognac in a cheer. (I'm not sure why but all the executives are British and have handlebar moustaches in this fantasy... if anyone has an explanation for that I'd love to hear it.)

Really, I just want them to be forced to grow the balls to say it to my face. "Yes Jenna, we know that you're in active labor... oh, you need to see a doctor right now? That's such a coincidence because we need that $4... You were too busy grabbing your suitcase and calling your mother after your water broke to think to stop by the ATM for some cash? Excuses, excuses... I'm sorry but you can park down the street and walk... yes, we share your concern about the baby falling out while you're in the middle of the crosswalk, that's a concern we will all have to deal with."

It costs enough to go to the hospital at all, and now they want to steal my vending machine money too? Dear hospital and you're fancy parking lot, feel free to lick my taint.

1 comment:

  1. So I work at a doctor's office in a building owned by a hospital. Patients can park for free in the hospital parking garage across the street if I validate their ticket, or they can pay to use a meter on the street. It perplexes me when I ask people if they need a parking validation and they proudly announce that they found a meter. Why would you CHOOSE to pay for parking?

    ReplyDelete